November 8th marks the second annual celebration of #TempranilloDay. And what a perfect day to celebrate a grape that produces wine so reminicent of fall.So what do you know about Tempranillo? Here are a few facts.– It’s the 4th most planted grape in the world
– Spain has ove 60 different regional names for this grape
– It’s the base for the majority of Rioja wines
– Flavor profiles include plum, strawberry, leather, spice and tobacco or tea leaves
– The variety takes well to oak and can produce long-lasting wines
– Medium-bodied, medium-acidity, medium-tannins and medium-alcohol – a nice all-around medium wine!
– Favorite food pairings include: tapas, paella, plate of spanish cheese & meat, ham bocadillosSo grab a bottle of Tempranillo today. At Wine.com, we have 1-cent shipping on Rioja Tempranillo for today only, so stock up on your favorites!