Tag Archives: barrel

What is a Bunghole?

If you’ve ever toured a winery, particularly a cellar, you’ve probably seen it – the glass or plastic stopper wedged into the top or side of a ¬†barrel. The stopper itself is called a “bung.” So it only follows that the whole in which that stopper is wedged is called … More

Tags: barrel
Categories: Wine Education
Actions: E-mail | del.icio.us | Permalink | Comments Off